Small update on the white car.
The motor lost 40% compression on one cylinder at the Tyler Cox memorial event after the fuel pump seized up on a run. It was still running great and I finished the event driving it a TON after I hurt it. Since I needed one single stock piston to put everything back together, in Tyler/Aaron fashion I decided to have Derrick build me a motor.
Now, I didn't want to go crazy, since I still want to keep this motor a tiny T2 flanged T28RS turbo. BUT, I have had tons of SR20s and wanted something a bit different. Derrick and I chat a lot, and are always dreaming up stupid stuff to do. Since we needed a piston, we figured why not just do all the pistons at once, and why not do fancy ones. And if we are doing fancy ones, lets do something silly. So I attempted to order 12 to 1 Wiseco pistons for the SR20, then to my dismay, found out although they have part numbers and are all over the internet, they don't actually really make them. In doubt of what the reseller told me, I called up Wiseco and found out they really don't make them, and then a day later found that the part number was pulled off their sales sheets online lol. DOH! So we settled on 11 to 1 pistons and are going to mill the head to get another .5 compression.
I have been running a T28RS with a .86 exhaust housing, which means I effectively have a T28 that makes full boost at 4k rpm. In the quest of changing things, I ordered a .64 housing while I wait for my GTX turbo to get here some time in the distant future. When I chat with different people they all tell me to use the different housings for one reason or another, and I haven't 100% made up my mind what I am doing yet on this, but I expect to put the .64 housing in there and drop spool by a good bit, especially with the other things that are going on with the build!
Since we are running higher compression, the motor is going to immediately blow up with a turbo on it. To stop that, we are going to run E85. To run the stuff, we are changing over some fuel lines, putting a new pump in the car, and adding 850cc injectors. The tune will be courtesy of Enthalpy : ) Yes, a mail in tune for a high compression E85 SR20DET drift car that gets beat like an unwanted step child constantly. The last tune worked so well I am excited to try this one! Redline will once again be stuck at 8k rpm with 100% stock head ( rebuilt only for the hell of it, it was perfect when we took it apart. Not changing springs or anything )
There is a bunch of little stuff going on to, like new ACL bearings and a head gasket, but nothing overly fancy. Stock rods still, stock cams, stock head but rebuilt.
So the parts list is pretty simple. New stuff is:
.64 hotside for the turbo
11.5 to 1 total compression
E85 enthalpy tune
some little parts
So hopefully the car goes from a 4-8k rpm powerband to a 3.5-8k rpm powerband. Hopefully I don't have to worry about anything happening with the AFR or anything since E85 shouldn't let the motor detonate. Power should be limited to around 330-360whp by boost. The car will probably want to make more than that so I will limit the boost to whatever is needed to hopefully keep the transmission alive. Figuring the bump in compression might make from 0-4% more power per point, I am guessing the motor might make 0-12% more power from the compression alone. The car might make as much as 35 squirrels more than a stock compression motor at the boost I was running before, 18 psi. Couple that with the fact we are adding E85 and people claim a 20-40 squirrels jump with E85 instead of pump fuel at the same boost level, and I would figure the motor should make more power at the same boost level as before. How much, who knows. I don't understand ricer math and adding up guesses. I would figure 18 psi would make 350 ground squirrels at the minimum now with the disco potato, and 20 or more psi should be close to 400 ground squirrels. Maybe that is on the low side, who knows. Anyways I figure 400 ground squirrels and a stock tranny will spell trouble, so I am going to probably not run that much. Also, I have been lowering my boost at events, sometimes as low as 7 psi so I get retardedly good tire wear. 300 ground squirrels is more than enough to drift with on 265s, I just wanted to try E85. Hopefully it goes well!
Blue car progress.
I got a Dmax type 3 kit for the car.
I got a stock fuel tank for the car.
I got most of the glass put in the car, doors on, hood on, and some other stuff.
I got a new front subframe.
Now I have to get time to work on it!